Membership in Bay State Commons
We have three levels of membership in BSC: Prospective, Associate, and Equity. Each level represents a greater commitment to the community.
Anyone who wants to know about what we’re doing can be a Prospective Member. Once you are on the mailing list, we will let you know about any open meetings and social events we are planning.
If you are curious about Associate Membership and would like to learn more about how we operate, please let us know using the form below.
Associate Members Rights and Responsibilities
- to attend meetings of Bay State Commons;
- to participate in planning committees; and
- to voice opinions in meetings.
An Equity Member is someone who has decided to invest in the Bay State Commons cohousing project. After becoming an Associate Member, you may apply to become an Equity Member. Equity Member status requires that you:
- Attend at least three meetings as an Associate Member;
- Complete the Equity Member application form;
- Go through a financial risk clearness process;
- Be trained in consensus decision-making and facilitation;
- Be approved by current Equity members; and
- Deposit an equity payment as a down payment on your future living unit. The amount will depend on the stage of project
Rights and Responsibilities of Equity Members:
- To attend meetings of Bay State Commons,
- To participate in planning committees, and
- To voice opinions and make decisions that shape the community.